Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа [ Летнее время ]

Для печати

night against Miami in place of struggling RHP Jacob
Автор Сообщение
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт сен 13, 2018 4:54 am 
Участник
Участник

AKRON, Ohio -- Every once in a while, Jordan Spieth reaches his tipping point -- or maybe his boiling point.On Saturday evening, following comments critical of Firestone Country Clubs 16th hole after a third-round triple-bogey, Spieth reacted to a Golf Channel tweet that suggested he was complaining about the holes setup only after the fact.He explained that, like many other players, he believed the 655-yard hole would play better from 50 yards shorter, an opinion he made known well before his Saturday stumble.When a headline reads, kind of, Makes triple-bogey and blames the hole, Im like, I dont think that was fair because I talked about that hole last year, the year before and [in] a video of it Wednesday, he said after Sundays final round. I was not blaming the hole after I made an 8. I had already previously said that, and I just happened to just miss-hit a shot.After reading the tweet, Spieth responded with two of his own to explain his previous position on the matter.I certainly dont ever want to go down as a whiner or complainer or anything because we live the life, Spieth said. We truly are very, very lucky to do what we do, and I dont take that for granted, and I dont ever want to go down as high-maintenance or complaining about any situation, but at the same time, you guys want honesty, and Ill tell you what every single player says is thats a much better hole from 50 yards up.Spieth is an emotional player on the golf course, but he has spoken at length in recent weeks about maintaining perspective inside the ropes while trying to remain less frustrated. Off the course, he tries not to read the criticism about himself but admits it does happen.Only when Im really bored, he said with a laugh. Certain locations where theres not a whole lot to do. This week is one where youre just in a hotel. I didnt really have anybody come to the tournament, so I just go back, and Im just sitting there, and you can only flip through so many channels before youre just kind of on your phone.During Saturdays third round of the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational, Spieths triple-bogey on the par-5 famously dubbed The Monster took place when his third shot found the pond bordering the greens front side. After taking a drop, he airmailed the green.When he saw his complaint of the hole tied to how he had played it, Spieth felt compelled to respond.I was just a little frustrated with that being out and kind of maybe giving off as me complaining because I didnt perform on that hole, he said. But all in all, I shouldnt really get involved in social media. It doesnt do anything for me.With a final-round 3-under 67, Spieth finished in a share of third place,?three strokes behind winner Dustin Johnson. Ironically enough, it was the same differential that he lost on the 16th hole one day earlier. Wholesale NBA Jerseys . -- Adam Snyder returned to the San Francisco 49ers this season because the offensive lineman thought it was his best opportunity to win a championship. Cheap NBA Womens Jerseys . -- Teemu Selanne scored the first goal of his 22nd NHL season, and the Anaheim Ducks extended the best start in franchise history with their fifth straight victory, 3-2 over the Calgary Flames on Wednesday night. http://www.nbajerseyscheapauthentic.com/ . 4 Villanova with a 96-68 drubbing on Monday. Wragge hit 9-of-14 from behind the arc, matching Kyle Korvers school record for 3-pointers in a game set in 2003, as Creighton (16-3, 6-1 Big East broke a conference record with 21 treys in the rout. Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys . Pedro scored from a pass by Lionel Messi in the 33rd minute and added two more goals in the 47th and 72nd after Valdes saved his second penalty in four days following his stop in Wednesdays 4-0 over Ajax in the Champions League. Jerseys NBA China . -- Gus Malzahn finally had his day in Fayetteville. NEW YORK -- Now that theyre finally banging the ball around the yard, the New York Mets are thinking about that late-season charge that carried them all the way to the World Series last year.Yoenis Cespedes clocked a three-run homer, Kelly Johnson had a pinch-hit grand slam and Noah Syndergaard pitched two-hit ball over seven innings as the resurgent Mets routed the Philadelphia Phillies 12-1 on Saturday.Asdrubal Cabrera homered for the third time in two games, a two-run drive that put New York ahead against Jeremy Hellickson (10-8). Neil Walker added his 23rd of the season to match a career high, giving the Mets four homers for the second consecutive night in a blowout of Philadelphia.It looks like a completely different team, Mets manager Terry Collins said. The energy is just different in the room right now.Alejandro De Aza added a two-run double for the Mets, who won for the sixth time in seven games as they attempt to make a push in the bunched-up NL playoff chase. New York got some help Saturday with losses by Miami and St. Louis and moved within 2 1/2 games of the Cardinals for the leagues second wild card.Cespedes is reminded of last year, when his arrival after a July 31 trade helped the Mets turn a moribund offense into a pennant winner.I think the energy, he said through a translator, right now has taken us back to the last two months of last season.The desire, the motivation, he explained.Jose Reyes and Cabrera each had three hits, once again providing a spark from the top two spots in the lineup since both came off the disabled list. Mostly healthy at last after lagging through much of the summer as one of baseballs weakest offenses, the Mets have totaled 31 runs while winning their past three games. They have 76 runs (6.3 per game) and 22 homers in their last 12.New York also has posted at least nine runs in three straight games for the first time since June 2012 -- and scored nine or more in successive home games for the first time since September 2008.The team has 87 homers at Citi Field this season, surpassing its previous record of 85 set last year. The ballpark opened in 2009.Syndergaard (12-7) chipped in with a long double and is 3-0 with a 1.31 ERA in his last three starts.The only damage against him came on Freddy Galvis homer in the third, and the big right-hander improved to 4-0 with a 1.37 ERA in four career outings against the Phillies.Right now Im just better able to locate my sinker to both sides of the plate, Syndergaard said. And my slliders been a lot more consistent.ddddddddddddThe Mets have taken 12 of their past 14 series with Philadelphia.Its like they know whats coming, Phillies manager Pete Mackanin said. They just seem to feast on our pitching.Hellickson, who had won four consecutive decisions and six of his last seven, allowed a three-run shot to Cespedes that made it 5-1 with two outs in the fourth.Johnsons drive off Michael Mariot in a six-run seventh was his fourth pinch-hit homer this season. It gave the Mets grand slams in consecutive games for the first time since Carlos Beltran hit both in July 2006.Bad pitching, Mackanin said. Tonight was embarrassing.Philadelphia had won Hellicksons previous six starts.Just one of those nights. Didnt really have much, the right-hander said.ANOTHER CHANCECollins said RHP Rafael Montero will be recalled from Double-A Binghamton to start Monday night against Miami in place of struggling RHP Jacob deGrom, who is skipping a turn. Montero is 1-4 with a 4.45 ERA in 17 major league games, including nine starts.DANGEROUS HITTERA few pitches before his home run, Cespedes hit a foul line drive about head high that had Syndergaard darting and ducking out of the way as he took a short lead off third base. That was just all reflex. I dont think it was anywhere near me, Syndergaard said. The night before, Phillies pitcher Adam Morgan barely evaded serious injury when he ducked underneath Cespedes scorching liner up the middle.TRAINERS ROOMMets: Part-time CF Justin Ruggiano went on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left shoulder, and INF T.J. Rivera was recalled from Triple-A Las Vegas. Fortunately for Rivera, he never left town Friday when he was optioned to the minors to make room for Walker, who came off the paternity leave list. Rivera began getting work in the outfield before the game. ... Slumping RF Jay Bruce was given primarily a mental day off, according to Collins, though the manager said Bruces nagging right calf did act up Friday night as he struck out all four times and was booed by the home crowd.UP NEXTPhillies: RHP Vince Velasquez (8-6, 4.31 ERA) has lost three straight starts and is winless in seven outings since July 8.Mets: RHP Robert Gsellman makes his first major league start in the series finale Sunday. He won his debut Tuesday at St. Louis with 3 2/3 scoreless innings in relief of injured Jonathon Niese. Cheap Jerseys 2019 Cheap NFL T-shirts Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap Stitched Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Jerseys NFL Cheap Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа [ Летнее время ]